Age: 52 Years
Dying Date: 18/09/1974
Some Lesser Identified Details About Ustad Amanat Ali Khan
- Ustad Amanat Ali khan (1922-1974) was a Pakistani vocalist, ghazal singer, and composer. He belonged to Patiala Gharana that used to carry out conventional and classical Hindustani music.
- He was an knowledgeable in singing Khayal, Thumri, and ghazals and was generally known as “the maestro of the Patiala Gharana” for his distinctive voice.
- After the partition of India in 1947, Ustad Amanat Ali Khan migrated to Pakistan together with his household.
- He began studying music when he was a toddler from his father Ustad Ali Baksh Khan who was a famend vocalist below the patronage of the Maharaja of Patiala.
- Ustad Amanat Ali Khan began singing and recording music alongside together with his youthful brother Ustad Fateh Ali Khan (popularly generally known as Bade Fateh Ali Khan) at a really younger age. The duet of brothers began performing within the courtroom of Maharaja of Patiala Yadavinder Singh of their mid-teens.
- In accordance with the rule in Patiala Gharana, the singers often sing in duets during which one sings in higher notes and the opposite in decrease. Among the many duet of Amanat Ali and Fateh Ali, Ustad Amanat Ali Khan had a very good command over sur; whereas, Ustad Bade Fateh Ali Khan is sweet had proficiency over ragas.
- The favorite raga of the duo of Amanat Ali and Fateh Ali Khan was ‘Ram Saakh,’ which was the signature raga of the Patiala Gharana.
- In 1945, the duo carried out for the primary time on stage for a mass viewers at a live performance which was sponsored by Pandit Jeevanlal Matoo (an influential music aesthete).
- Their efficiency on the All Bengal Music Convention in Kolkata in 1949 proved to be an in a single day fame for the duo and made them a family identify. They grew to become the consultant of Patiala Gharana and went on an in depth tour of South Asia.
- Ustad Amanat Ali Khan was on the peak of his profession throughout the Nineteen Fifties and Sixties. He recorded numerous songs for PTV and Radio Pakistan and in addition carried out in numerous international locations throughout that decade.
- He labored with numerous famend singers together with Mehdi Hassan and Ahmed Rushdi.
- His thumri “Kab Aaoge Tum Aaoge” from the album ‘Raag Se Ghazal Tak’ is considered an all-time traditional of the duo of Amanat Ali and Fateh Ali.
- The duo of Amanat Ali and Fateh Ali carried out the raga Puriya Dhanasri and “Sultan e Alam Nizamuddin Auliya” asthai of their stage efficiency on the Calcutta music convention.
- Aside from classical thumirs and ghazals, he additionally sang two patriotic songs “Chand Meri Zameen Phool Mera Watan” and “Aye Watan Pyare Watan.”
- Ustad Amanat Ali Khan needed to compose a verse via which he needed to explain the poignancy of city life in Karachi and Lahore. Then he got here throughout the poem “Insha Ji Utho” written by the famend poet Ibne Insha and conveyed his want to sing it.
- In January 1974, Ustad Amanat Ali Khan carried out the ghazal “Insha Ji Utho” for the primary time on Pakistan Tv after which the ghazal proved to be the most important hit in his profession span. The ghazal grew to become so widespread that individuals demanded for taking part in it repeatedly.
- The ghazal “Insha Ji Utho” is taken into account a cursed ghazal as whomsoever was related to it died inside a couple of days of performing it. Ustad Amanat Ali Khan died on the age of 52 after a couple of months of performing the ghazal.
- After the dying of Ustad Amant Ali Khan, the producer of the ghazal Khalil Ahmed died too inside a couple of months.
- In 1978, the poet Ibne Insha who wrote the ghazal “Insha ji Utho” died after affected by most cancers on the age of fifty. He died on the identical day on which the ghazal was broadcasted on PTV. Earlier than his dying, Ibne Insha wrote many letters to his mates when he was admitted to the hospital. In one of many letters he talked about the curse of the ghazal and wrote,
Yeh manhoos ghazal kitno ki jaan ley gi …?’ (What number of extra lives will this cursed poem take?) ”
- Among the many Patiala Gharana, other than Ustad Amanat Ali Khan, his son Amjad Amanat Ali Khan and Asad Amanat Ali Khan additionally died after singing the cured ghazal. In 2002, the eldest son of Ustad Amant Ali Khan, Amjad Amanat Ali Khan died after a couple of days of performing the ghazal. In 2006, Asad Amanat Ali Khan carried out the ghazal at a priority for PTV, and like his father, for him too, the ghazal grew to become an excellent hit efficiency of Asad’s profession, however attributable to sick destiny, Asad died on 8 April 2007 on the age of 52.
- After the consecutive deaths of Ustad Amanat Ali Khan, Amjad Ali Khan, and Asad Ali Khan, the succeeding singer of the Patiala Gharana determined to not sing the ghazal “Insha Ji Utho.” The youngest son of Amanat Ali Khan, Shafqat Amant Ali Khan, whereas speaking about it in an interview, stated,
When he died, everybody began associating it with the dying,”. He added, “After which Ibne Insha himself died. My eldest brother Amjad bhai additionally used to sing it. He died. I don’t recall the producer’s identify however he too died. After which Asad bhai.”
- In an interview, when Shafqat Amanat Ali was requested about his perception within the cursed ghazal, he stated that neither he nor anybody within the household was superstitious. Nonetheless, he revealed that his household has put an “emotional ban” and doesn’t enable him to sing that ghazal. Whereas speaking about this within the interview, he stated,
Life and dying are in God’s arms. Now we have no management over it. It’s simply the painful recollections that this ghazal brings again for us,”
- Ustad Amanat Ali Khan’s youthful brother and his lifetime singing companion, Ustad Bade Fateh Ali Khan, was very near him that his dying, Ustad Bade Fateh Ali Khan went into melancholy and stopped singing for a couple of years.
- Ustad Amanat Ali Khan wrote the lyrics of the thumri “Kab aa’o gey” throughout his flight from East Pakistan to Nepal. In an interview, his youthful brother Fateh Ali Khan, who was current with him on the flight, recalled the entire incident and stated that within the late Sixties, they have been flying to Nepal on the invitation of Nepal’s King and their aircraft confronted air turbulence. He stated that as an alternative of getting panicky or sacred in that scenario, Amanat Ali stayed calm and when Fateh Ali requested him, “Khan Sahib tuhanoon dar naeen lagda” (are you not scared Khan sahib?), Amant Ali requested him for a pen and paper and began writing the thumri “Kab aa’o gey.” He composed the ghazal in Raag Bhairavi and accomplished it throughout the flight.
- Ustad Amanat Ali Khan had been a coach of Indian playback singer Lata Mangeshkar within the preliminary days of her profession in 1945. Nonetheless, in 1947, after the partition of India, he migrated to Pakistan together with his household.
- Ustad Asad Amanat Ali Khan, one of many sons of Ustad Amanat Ali Khan, died on 8 April 2007 attributable to cardiac arrest in London. He was buried in the identical graveyard, i.e. Mominpura Graveyard, Lahore, Pakistan, the place his father, Ustad Amanat Ali, was buried. Later, Ustad Bade Fateh Ali khan was additionally buried in the identical graveyard in 2017.*
- In an interview, the youngest brother of Ustad Amanat Ali, Ustad Hamid Ali Khan, praised his brother and stated,
Ustad Amanat Ali Khan was our household’s prodigy and his songs will stay iconic. The complete world was witness to his expertise and it is because of which he dominated the world together with his voice. He learnt classical singing from his elders and proved himself professionally. Apart from being a high classical singer, he was additionally a fantastic man enriched with humility.”