Age: 70 Years
Spouse: Sushma Kohli Anand (second Spouse)
Some Lesser Identified Information About Vijay Anand
The nice filmmaker, if ever there may be one…is not going to know why he’s making a movie. Solely after being prodded by limiting questions by fans wanting to fit the soul, shall he reply. Very not often would you discover an artist who can create, specific, consider, choose, formulate guidelines and train. I’m a scholar, I’m not a trainer but. However I do know I’ve the makings of a trainer.” – Vijay Anand
- Vijay Anand was an Indian filmmaker, producer, actor, editor, and screenwriter who labored in Hindi Cinema. He’s identified for steering movies of just about each style together with thrillers, romantic comedies, and household dramas. Vijay Anand is popularly often called the youthful brother of the Hindi movie producer and director Chetan Anand and matinée idol Dev Anand.
- Along with his unique screenplays, Vijay Anand is famend for his progressive picturization of songs like ‘Tere Mere Sapne Ab Ek Rang Hain’ from Information (1965), ‘Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas’ from Blackmail (1973), and ‘O Haseena Zulfonwale Jane Jahan’ from Teesri Manzil (1966).
My digital camera listens to the track and strikes with it.” – Vijay Anand
- Vijay made many of the movies with ‘Navketan Movies,’ the manufacturing firm began by the Anand brothers themselves.
And as an energetic scholar of cinema, I need to be taught and be taught and be taught, and in that state I really feel… Why ought to anybody else write my story or screenplay or make my music? As a result of, each different man’s limitations are diluting and weakening my energy!” – Vijay Anand
- In accordance with Vijay’s son, Vaibhav, Vijay Anand learnt scriptwriting from his elder brother Chetan Anand.
- Vijay Anand was a disciple of guru Rajneesh, a mystic and religious trainer; nonetheless, he stopped following him when he couldn’t discover Rajneesh useful in fixing his private issues. In accordance with Vijay Anand’s son, Vaibhav, Vijay had sure questions for Rajneesh, which he couldn’t reply, and Vijay realised that Rajneesh was not a God. Vijay misplaced his religion in Rajneesh utterly when he requested Vijay to make a movie about him. Vaibhav talked about this in an interview and mentioned,
Dad realised there was one thing amiss about Rajneesh. He didn’t appear to be Bhagwan. Dad had sure questions for which Rajneesh had no solutions. He obtained additional dissatisfied with Rajneesh when he requested dad to make a movie on him. Dad mentioned, ‘Goodbye, thanks and f*** off!’ He realised the person was now not religious. He’d turned materialistic. He wrote a letter to him saying this was not what he’d come to him for and left the ashram the subsequent day.”
- Vijay Anand’s first spouse, Loveleen, was a Russian. In accordance with sources, Vijay Anand obtained to know Loveleen when she got here to carry an interview with him on behalf of Moscow radio. Vijay, enchanted with Loveleen’s magnificence, provided her the lead function within the Hindi romantic movie ‘Jaan Kazir Hai’ (1975). Loveleen began to bond with Vijay Anand through the making of the movie. Vijay used to decorate up as a disciple of Osho Rajneesh, a mystic and religious trainer, which took a shine to Loveleen, and finally, Vijay launched her to the teachings of Rajneesh. In accordance with some sources, each of them would typically go to Rajneesh’s ashram in Pune and spend round ten days a month. Loveleen’s religion in Rajneesh and her emotions for Vijay Anand stored rising, and he or she determined to maneuver from Delhi to Rajneesh’s ashram in Pune. After realising her emotions for Vijay, Loveleen proposed to him; nonetheless, he declined the proposal by saying that he had nothing apart from a few garments and footwear with him. Loveleen’s resolution of getting married to Vijay remained unchanged, and he or she later gave up the supply for the movie ‘Jaan Hazir Hai,’ considering that Vijay wouldn’t like his to be spouse to behave within the movies. As per some sources, Loveleen stored convincing Vijay Anand to marry her and making him consider that spending her complete life with him was the one factor that mattered to her. Reportedly, guru Rajneesh referred to as Vijay Anand and Loveleen to his non-public chamber at some point and purportedly gave Loveleen’s hand within the palms of Vijay. Vijay Anand and Loveleen obtained married and led their married life in Pune with the blessings of guru Rajneesh. Their relationship was doing effectively till Loveleen expressed her need to proceed working in movies and allegedly requested Vijay Anand to jot down a script which function her because the heroine reverse a well-liked actor. Sources declare that Vijay didn’t pay a lot consideration to Loveleen’s demand, which stored rising stronger over time. The calls for advanced into acrimonious disagreements, and the duo started arguing typically. In accordance with some sources, Vijay was affected by frequent fights and arguments, and he determined to finish his marriage.
- After parting methods along with his first spouse, Loveleen, Vijay Anand discovered love in his niece, Sushma (Kohli) Anand. An issue was heated up when Vijay tied the knot along with his niece, Sushma, because it was thought of to be impermissible in Indian society.
- Vijay Anand served because the chairman of the Central Board of Movie Certification (CBFC), a statutory film-certification physique within the Ministry of Info and Broadcasting of the Authorities of India, for a brief time period. Reportedly, he resigned in 2002 after he bumped into ideological variations with the federal government over the introduction of rankings for grownup motion pictures.
- In accordance with studies, Vijay Anand’s kidney operation went poorly, leaving him bedridden for a yr. In appreciation for the diligent nursing he acquired from his pal Amarjeet, Vijay provided him the chance to direct the 1961 movie ‘Hum Dono.’ Amarjeet declined the supply. The film was directed by Vijay Anand, who awarded Amarjeet the credit score.
- In accordance with Sushma, Vijay Anand’s spouse, Vijay Anand cherished to journey. In an interview, she revealed that Vijay cherished sporting shirts and would typically choose dozens at a time. She added, he had a ardour for ballroom dancing, waltz and foxtrot, and as a teen, he used to journey from Chetan Anand’s shack to a college in Colaba to be taught the waltz.
- In accordance with Sushma, Vijay Anand, with some information of astrology, predicted that February 2004 (the month he handed away) can be a nasty month for him.