I don’t know all of you on a private foundation, however I’m comfy in assuming that the majority of you have been in a position to determine what this column is about primarily based on the title alone. For the remainder of you, let me break it down right here.
That is all about my checklist of the 38 most memorable moments in WrestleMania historical past. The phrases “my” and “moments” are the important thing issues to concentrate on. That is MY checklist. A few of this won’t be that nice to you, whereas among the gadgets by yourself lists won’t be too memorable to me. Additionally, we’re speaking about MOMENTS right here. This isn’t concerning the best MATCHES or something like that. I’m speaking about particular issues. Possibly a match itself was solely first rate, however for one cause or one other, a particular spot or the match end is in spotlight reels for the remainder of eternity.
Easy sufficient idea, proper?
I’ll be counting it down in reverse order, from 38 to 1, and for you long-time readers of my columns, I’m waiving the golden rule. You realize the rule I’m speaking about. For particular events, I reserve the fitting to eliminate it on a brief foundation.
Let’s journey down WrestleMania Reminiscence Lane, lets?
38. The Flaming Desk (WrestleMania 22): There have been numerous “worldwide objects” used within the match between Mick Foley and Edge at WrestleMania 22, most of which appeared particularly loopy in a WWE setting, the place these kinds of weapons aren’t precisely widespread. When a desk at ringside received completely soaked in lighter fluid and set ablaze, although, that’s whenever you knew shit was actually getting wild. Seeing the flames rise whereas Foley stood on the ring apron made you get a pit in your abdomen. As soon as Edge started charging proper at Foley, that pit solely grew. When Edge hit Foley with a Spear by the ropes they usually each went flying by the air and crashing by the desk, you merely held your breath and waited to ensure they have been comparatively okay. Seeing Foley writhe round in ache, and Edge’s arm quivering as if he have been in shock, was fairly the visible. Are you able to think about how the viewers who had by no means seen any form of “Demise Match” wrestling earlier than felt watching this?
37. Batista Pins Triple H (WrestleMania 21): The best way WWE dealt with Batista’s face flip and splitting from Evolution was good. Simply… good. From the second he first joined the group, it at all times appeared like he was going to be a significant participant sooner or later, nevertheless it occurred in such an natural method, and that’s what made it so good. Over time, everybody simply began loving the man. Half the viewers liked the best way he appeared, and the opposite half of the viewers liked the best way he was, if that is smart. To see the seeds planted for a face flip, and to have the ability to join the dots to the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania, was numerous enjoyable for me, as a viewer. That’s the right situation for the start of the 12 months stretch that WWE goes by. It shouldn’t occur each single 12 months, nevertheless it’s good when it’s carried out proper. Take somebody with momentum, have them win the Royal Rumble, put them in a feud with the champ, and have them beat stated champ at WrestleMania to complete the creation of a brand new mega star. That’s what occurred right here.
36. Randy Orton RKO’s Seth Rollins Outta Nowhere (WrestleMania 31): I believe this specific RKO will get overrated a bit by wrestling followers. Don’t get me unsuitable… it appeared unimaginable. It appeared nice in-person, and it appeared nice on tv. Nonetheless, I believe Orton has delivered the RKO in additional spectacular vogue earlier than this, and he has carried out so after this. The truth that it occurred at WrestleMania, and never within the third match on a random episode of Smackdown in September, is what makes this get the additional love. Once more, don’t get me unsuitable… this was nice, therefore its inclusion right here. I simply felt the necessity to clarify why it’s in all probability going to be rated lots decrease than it’s on a lot of your lists.
35. Cody Rhodes Returns (WrestleMania 38): Recency bias? Possibly. To me, that doesn’t matter, although. The story of Cody returning “dwelling” to an enormous ovation is vital, whether or not it occurred just a few days in the past, just a few months in the past, or just a few years in the past. He left WWE on dangerous phrases, at a low level in his in-ring profession, and constructed himself up into an enormous star after he and the remainder of the AEW Government Vice Presidents rolled the cube and took possibilities on themselves. Returning to WWE with the look, music, and the whole lot else that he created after leaving the corporate in 2016 was stunning to look at. It sounds bizarre to say concerning the largest wrestling promotion on the planet, however they might actually use the additional star energy on their roster, and he’ll present that transferring ahead. The “He’s heading to WWE, perhaps he’s not, he in all probability is, he won’t be, he’s, he’s not, he’s, he won’t, he may, he in all probability received’t, he’s” nature of the rumors that got here out during the last two months helped to make this a good greater return. Even if you happen to have been anticipating him to indicate up as Seth Rollins’ thriller opponent, there was nonetheless just a little nagging feeling behind your thoughts that it won’t occur. So… thanks, a number of experiences from totally different folks with totally different sources… I assume.
34. Drew McIntyre Pins Brock Lesnar (WrestleMania 36): You actually must really feel for Drew McIntyre. To shut out 2019 and beginning 2020, he was being constructed up because the “subsequent large factor” within the firm. He received the most important “rub” by eliminating Brock Lesnar from the 2020 Royal Rumble, and it appeared like he was about to get the rocket strapped to his again… till COVID shut the world down. Sure, Drew would nonetheless go to WrestleMania and pin Lesnar to win the WWE Title, nevertheless it occurred in entrance of zero followers as an alternative of 80,000+ in attendance like the unique plan would’ve seen. He had a pleasant seven-month reign because the champion, however once more, all of his defenses, whereas being entertaining, had no followers round to see it reside and in individual. The person even had a second reign as WWE Champion that lasted for 3 months, however that, too, occurred in entrance of no followers. By the point WWE was doing reveals in entrance of restricted crowds for WrestleMania 37, Drew was the challenger for the WWE Title and shedding within the opening match of the cardboard. As soon as the corporate returned to common touring in entrance of reside crowds, Drew was caught in matches the place he both misplaced, or he was in the course of feuds that no one cared about. He has but to actually have a “WrestleMania Second” in entrance of reside crowds, which is a disgrace, as he was one of many prime causes to tune in to WWE programming in the course of the pandemic. He nonetheless will get to say he was capable of pin Brock Lesnar, although. Followers or no followers, Drew is certainly one of solely seven individuals who can say they’ve pinned Lesnar since Brock returned to WWE in 2012. That’s fairly spectacular.
33. Linda McMahon Actually Stands Up To Her Husband (WrestleMania 17): If there’s one factor you’re going to get with a match that encompasses a McMahon, it’s numerous overbooking. You’re going to get ref bumps, interference, weapon utilization, heel/face turns, returns, debuts, and every kind of shit. The factor is… it often works. Whereas they aren’t going to be technical classics, the matches involving McMahons are, far as a rule, entertaining to look at. Shane McMahon vs Vince McMahon at WrestleMania 17 is perhaps the right instance of that. Not one, however TWO McMahons within the match?!? We received involvement from Stephanie McMahon and Trish Stratus. Mick Foley was the Particular Visitor Referee. Tv screens, kendo sticks, tables, chairs, and rubbish cans have been all used as weapons. The largest pop of the match got here when Linda McMahon merely stood up, although. It was in the course of the storyline the place Vince requested Linda for a divorce, inflicting Linda to undergo a nervous breakdown and find yourself in a coma-like state, so Vince continued to heel it up by having an on-screen affair with Trish, and he would flaunt it in entrance of Linda. At Mania, all of it continued, and Vince introduced Linda into the ring in her wheelchair, as a result of he needed her to get an in depth have a look at him beating the hell out of their son. As Vince goes in to assault Shane even additional, Linda rises from the chair, revealing that she is completely superb. The roof on the Reliant Astrodome practically blew off when she stood up. It was such a ridiculously overbooked story, nevertheless it was so ridiculous that it ended up understanding. Individuals liked it.
32. The Undertaker Sneaks Up On AJ Types & Launches A Million Memes (WrestleMania 36): We didn’t know what to anticipate from the Boneyard Match between The Undertaker and AJ Types. One, the entire “Cinematic Match” factor was model new to us. Two, Taker was a 55-year-old man whose final singles match (I don’t depend his 20-second match at Tremendous Showdown 2020) was nearly ten months earlier, and that match (vs Goldberg at Tremendous Showdown 2019) was one of many worst of the 12 months. It seems that the cinematic fashion was good for Taker, accentuating his positives and decreasing, if not outright eliminating, his negatives. The match itself was a lot extra enjoyable than I believed it might be, however this second was the spotlight for me. AJ has Taker dumped in a pre-dug grave, and he hops onto a tractor to begin pouring the dust onto Taker’s carcass. All of the sudden, the digicam pans over as spotlights seem behind AJ, and Taker is standing behind him. Immediately, the inventive of us on the market beginning making meme after meme. You realize those I’m speaking about. It’ll be like “AJ = Me pondering 2020 goes to be my 12 months, Taker = COVID” and stuff like that. There have been SO MANY MEMES. To at the present time, I’ll nonetheless see memes created with that second because the template. Watching it “reside” made me snigger. It was the right quantity of camp for what we have been witnessing.
31. Rey Mysterio Does It For Eddie Guerrero (WrestleMania 22): I’ve stated it earlier than, however no wrestling dying has affected me greater than Eddie Guerrero’s did. He’s certainly one of my all-time favourite wrestlers, and on prime of that, I’m undecided that I’ve ever met a celeb of any type, not to mention a wrestler, who was nicer and extra humble. When this “Do It For Eddie” story first started, I wasn’t positive it might work. Clearly, Rey Mysterio is an all-time nice in-ring performer, and he was at all times tremendous over with crowds all around the world, however having him in a tag staff or as a midcard man is one factor. Having him in the principle occasion scene was a unique factor solely. When he received the Royal Rumble, it was like a change flipped for me. Partially as a result of I used to be pondering that this was now the purpose of no return and that they have been actually going to do that, but in addition as a result of it actually was working. Dwell crowds liked Rey, and liked Eddie, a lot that they have been getting behind the entire thing. All of us noticed Rey profitable at WrestleMania coming a mile away at that time, however we needed it. As soon as Rey pinned Randy Orton right here and received the World Heavyweight Title, it was an amazing “really feel good” second. Sure, the Eddie Guerrero side of it was particular, nevertheless it was additionally additional proof that you simply didn’t must be a mountain of a person to achieve success in WWE. Now, let’s transfer on to the following second earlier than I begin ranting about how piss poor Rey’s title reign was.
30. Arn Anderson Hits The Undertaker With A Spinebuster (WrestleMania 18): Such a easy second. In the course of Taker’s match towards Ric Aptitude, he was despatched into the ropes. Unbeknownst to him, Arn Anderson had snuck into the ring and caught Taker on the best way again with certainly one of his patented, image good Spinebusters. It made good sense within the story. Not solely was Aptitude introduced as Arn’s longtime greatest pal, however Taker had attacked “The Enforcer” and left him bloodied three weeks earlier in an try to goad Aptitude into dealing with him at WrestleMania after Ric initially turned him down. It was simply cool to see Arn, who hadn’t been an energetic wrestler in just a few years, get bodily once more, and do it on the “grandest stage of all of them.”
29. “Stone Chilly” Steve Austin Returns (WrestleMania 38): Once more, you may name it recency bias if you need, however the wave of nostalgia that came visiting folks my age after seeing Steve Austin return to the ring was unimaginable. The glass shattering, the music, the mega pop from the group… the whole lot. Professional wrestling had by no means seen something like “Stone Chilly” Steve Austin earlier than he got here alongside, it hasn’t seen something like him since he left, and it in all probability received’t ever see something like him once more.
28. Becky Lynch Pins Ronda Rousey (WrestleMania 35): Ronda Rousey debuted in WWE with the label of being the “baddest girl on the planet” and he or she was pushed prefer it from the beginning. From April eighth, 2018 (her debut at WrestleMania 34) to January twenty first, 2019 (a tag match on Uncooked), she didn’t see the shedding finish of any match she was in. The Uncooked tag match noticed her associate, Natalya, come out because the individual concerned within the end, so Ronda nonetheless hadn’t been pinned or made to submit. She appeared unstoppable, and rightfully so. The Winner-Takes-All match at WrestleMania 35 involving Ronda (the Uncooked Ladies’s Champion), Charlotte Aptitude (the Smackdown Ladies’s Champion), and Becky Lynch (arguably essentially the most over individual on the roster) was large. It acquired the honour of being the principle occasion of the present, making it the primary time girls got that spot. Neglect the truth that WrestleMania 35 began earlier than WrestleMania 32 and ended barely after WrestleMania 36. Additionally neglect the truth that the match didn’t fairly reside as much as the hype. Simply concentrate on the top of the match. Becky actually received launched into the stratosphere by beating what was being introduced as unbeatable, and we wouldn’t see Ronda Rousey performing in a WWE ring once more for practically three years. I liked it. Possibly I used to be simply delirious from sitting and watching such an extended present, although. *shrug*
27. Roman Reigns Stacks Edge & Daniel Bryan Up (WrestleMania 37): Clearly, Roman Reigns has been introduced as being on a wholly totally different degree than the remainder of the roster throughout this Common Title reign. I don’t suppose that truth was ever extra evident than for the end of this match. Moving into, the final opinion was that Bryan was added to this match in order that he may take the pin from Reigns and “shield” Edge. Effectively, that line of pondering was partially appropriate. Bryan did take the pin from Reigns… however so did Edge. It was superb, disrespectful, dominant, and anticipated, all rolled into one. If we didn’t already comprehend it, that was the second we found out that this Common Title reign was going to be one thing particular. Right here we’re, a full 12 months later, and Reigns is as much as 584 days (as of the day this column is posted) as champion.
26. Madison Sq. Backyard Exhibits Their Love For Goldberg & Brock Lesnar (WrestleMania 20): There have been numerous rowdy crowds within the historical past of wrestling. Possibly they have been tremendous loud and tremendous engaged in a present, match, or a section. Different crowds have been firmly behind one individual in a match and have been venomous of their dislike of the opposite individual. On this evening, Madison Sq. Backyard determined to carry the primary assembly of the “Fuck Goldberg, Fuck Brock Lesnar, and Fuck Everybody They Love” membership. The followers in attendance have been smartened as much as the rumors that this could be the final match for each males, at the very least for the foreseeable future. Goldberg’s contract was up, and Lesnar was leaving wrestling to try to be part of the NFL. Maybe feeling betrayed, the group let each males have it from the start of their entrances all the best way to the top of the match. They have been vicious. They have been ruthless. Merely put, they didn’t care about something Goldberg and Lesnar did that evening. Had been it not for Particular Visitor Referee “Stone Chilly” Steve Austin getting cheers, I ponder how a lot worse this might’ve been. Each Goldberg and Lesnar have been clearly thrown off their sport by the group, visibly reacting to chants and boos on a number of events. We wouldn’t see Brock in WWE once more for eight years, and it might be 12-and-a-half years earlier than Goldberg could be again. That needed to sting.
25. Chris Benoit Makes Triple H Faucet Out (WrestleMania 20): I actually don’t need to get too deep into dialog about this. We’ve been there and carried out that in the case of discussing Chris Benoit, the ultimate weekend of his life, and the way he ought to and shouldn’t be remembered at this time. That is nonetheless an epic second that I fondly keep in mind 18 years later. Nearly as good as Benoit was within the ring, he absolutely wasn’t going to win the World Heavyweight Title in entrance of the world by defeating each Triple H and Shawn Michaels in the identical match, was he? It was such an surprising shock to see him win, however for me, it wasn’t even the very best factor involving this match to occur that evening. Extra on that later.
24. Shawn Michaels Pins Bret Hart (WrestleMania 12): All these years later, I nonetheless query the concept of getting Bret and Shawn compete in a 60-minute Ironman Match. Not as a result of the match sucked. Fairly the opposite, truly. It was the whole lot you can need out of those two. I simply don’t suppose the WWF crowds in 1996 have been prepared for such an extended match. It simply wasn’t the fashion of match that the corporate was presenting on the time. Apart from Royal Rumbles, the final WWF match to prime the 30-minute mark was 16 months earlier, when Bob Backlund received a Submission Match towards Bret Hart for the WWF Title in 35:11. I fully get the purpose of placing the match collectively, however I simply don’t suppose it was the fitting viewers to do it for. There have been quite a few stretches of the match the place the group was quiet. Name it being drained, name it being a boring match, or no matter you need… it’s simply not a very good factor for a WrestleMania foremost occasion to be carried out in entrance of a quiet crowd. Seeing Michaels lastly get the win after a Sudden Demise interval was nonetheless a thrill, although. It was a shift in what the corporate was doing, who it was pushing, and what it needed the product to appear to be. I may see that again then, at the same time as a younger fan within the infancy of on-line wrestling rumors, experiences, chats, and message boards.
23. The Undertaker Returns (WrestleMania 20): Some folks felt The Undertaker’s character had gotten “stale” by the point 2000 had rolled round. I don’t know if I’d essentially take into account myself a kind of folks, however when he returned from a torn pectoral muscle in Could 2000 with the brand new “American Badass” character, I loved it. It was so totally different than something he had carried out to that time, so it was cool to see. Quick ahead 4 years later, and followers have been already clamoring to see the unique “Deadman” character return. They received their want at WrestleMania 20, and it was definitely worth the wait. He was accompanied by the Paul Bearer, who was making his personal return after 4 years away from tv. As a lot as folks have been entertained by “American Badass” Undertaker, there’s no denying that “Deadman” was the place the cash was with the character, and he’s been utilizing it ever since.
22. Bianca Belair & Sasha Banks Take A Second To Soak It In (WrestleMania 37): There was a lot hype that went into this. Two girls getting the principle occasion spot of a WrestleMania card was cool sufficient. The truth that it was two black girls, in an organization (and in an business) that hadn’t precisely been variety to black girls by the years, made it much more particular. The icing on the cake was having the ability to carry out in entrance of a considerable amount of followers for the primary time in over a 12 months for the reason that pandemic started. Each Sasha and Bianca knew how particular this was, they usually couldn’t comprise their emotion. On the opening bell, each girl stood throughout from one another within the ring overcome with the magnitude of all of it. They fought again tears as the group’s applause grew and grew. It was a particular second. They only wanted to take just a little bit to let the whole lot sink in, after which they went and had among the finest girls’s matches in WrestleMania historical past, however it began with this.
21. John Cena Pins JBL (WrestleMania 21): John Cena’s profession path was been fairly the curler coaster. He went from chicken babyface on the verge of shedding his job as a result of there was no reference to crowds to changing into a rapper that was a “cool” heel to being an “edgy” face and transferring into the principle occasion scene to changing into a face that no one favored to changing into a face that followers started to respect to changing into a face that followers actually missed as a result of he was wrestling much less and fewer. WrestleMania 21 was the place all of it got here collectively. After making waves the 12 months earlier than by beating Massive Present to win the USA Title at WrestleMania 20, Cena made the pure ascension right here by beating JBL to win the WWE Title. Every thing… the cheers, the boos, the calls for for a heel flip, the earned respect… was all as a result of this. He turned a “made man” on this evening, and as we see lots in wrestling, followers started him in another way as soon as he lastly reached the highest of the mountain.
20. The Final Warrior Pins Hulk Hogan (WrestleMania 6): As a really younger wrestling fan who liked each Hogan and Warrior, I actually didn’t know what to do once I watched this match reside on pay-per-view. Face vs Face matches have been a tricky promote for a very long time in wrestling, as a result of there was a concern of splitting the viewers and leaving folks not reacting as a result of they don’t know who to root for. I don’t keep in mind who I needed to win this match getting in, however I do keep in mind going nuts when Warrior pinned Hogan. To that time, I had by no means truly witnessed Hogan take the pin in a match. The historic really feel to it, and the insane crowd pop that Warrior received, made this one of many coolest moments in my younger wrestling fandom.
19. The Undertaker Kicks Out After Candy Chin Music & A Pedigree (WrestleMania 28): In the event you have a look at the primary 21 matches that The Undertaker competed in at WrestleMania, that is the time when most individuals thought “The Streak” was coming to an finish. Even if you happen to thought Taker was going to win the match getting in, this second made you alter your thoughts. Particular Visitor Referee Shawn Michaels had been calling the match down the center, although he was clearly emotionally rooting for his greatest pal to win. At one level within the match, in line with Jim Ross on commentary, Michaels appeared like he was on the brink of cease the match as a result of Taker had been overwhelmed so badly, so Taker determined the one possibility was to… lock Michaels in Hell’s Gate? You’re afraid that your streak goes to return to an finish by the hands of this ref, so that you determine to assault the ref, in what ought to’ve been an computerized disqualification loss for you? Is smart. Later within the match, with feelings working excessive, Triple H sends Taker into the turnbuckles, the place Michaels is ready with a Candy Chin Music. Taker turns round and staggers proper right into a Pedigree for a 2.99999 depend as the group exploded. Michaels was completely beside himself, realizing that he risked all of it for that second, and it didn’t work. Fantastic storytelling, great stress, and an all-time nice second.
18. “Macho Man” Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth Reunite (WrestleMania 7): Professional wrestling has lengthy been known as a “male cleaning soap opera.” There have been a billion examples of it all through the years. This, nonetheless, is likely one of the earliest examples in my fandom the place it truly appeared just like the cleaning soap opera half was being catered to girls. Don’t body that as a “sexist” remark. It was a shift in wrestling, going from showcasing the barbaric motion the place individuals are, clearly in kayfabe, attempting to place one another within the hospital, to displaying that love can conquer all. Savage had turned heel two years prior, dumping Miss Elizabeth and changing her with Sensational Sherri. At WrestleMania 7, Savage was dealing with The Final Warrior in a Retirement Match, the place each males put their careers on the road. After shedding the match, Sherri started to assault a fallen Savage, seeing that her meal ticket was carried out. As Sherri was placing the boots to Savage, Miss Elizabeth hopped the guardrail to an enormous ovation, bumped into the ring and threw Sherri out. When Savage received up, he was shocked to see Elizabeth standing there. After a number of moments of attempting to determine what to do, Savage opened his arms and embraced a tearful Elizabeth to a good greater ovation. We received a number of digicam pictures of various folks within the crowd crying, and the WWF received everybody hook, line and sinker.
17. The Double Flip (WrestleMania 13): In an all-time basic match, Bret “The Hitman” Hart had simply defeated “Stone Chilly” Steve Austin after Particular Visitor Referee Ken Shamrock known as for the bell when Austin had handed out within the Sharpshooter. That was nice sufficient to be talked about right here… extra on that later… nevertheless it didn’t finish there. After the match, Bret, who was a face, saved beating on a defenseless Austin, who was a heel. The group started to loudly voice their displeasure till Shamrock stepped in and delivered a takedown, sending Bret crashing to the mat. Shamrock would problem Bret to a struggle, however Bret merely left the ring, and identical to that, he was a heel for the primary time in a number of years. As soon as Austin lastly received again to his toes, he delivered a Stunner to a ref and left the ring to a loud refrain of followers chanting his identify. Similar to that, he was a face for the primary time within the WWF. There have been double turns all through the historical past of the enterprise, however this was the very best one, because it didn’t require a lot writing. This was the case of the WWF listening to the followers, who have been already beginning to bitter on Hart a bit, and have been already seeing Austin because the “cool” heel. Stunning work.
16. Hulk Hogan Bodyslams Andre The Large (WrestleMania 3): It’s unattainable to miss this one. It doesn’t matter what you consider Hulk Hogan as a wrestler, or of Terry Bollea as a human being. With out this second, I don’t know if any of us would even be speaking about these items proper now. WrestleMania was already fairly the phenomenon, however this present… particularly this second throughout this match… helped to launch WrestleMania and the WWF into a unique degree. Even now, 35 years later, you continue to see Hogan bodyslamming Andre in all kinds of spotlight reels concerning the sport. Everybody acknowledges it, even when they’ve by no means seen the match itself.
15. “Stone Chilly” Steve Austin Pins Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania 14): We’d not be speaking collectively proper now if not for Andre The Large taking a bodyslam from Hulk Hogan. You would possibly have the ability to say the identical factor about this second, the place the “Austin Period” formally started, as he received the WWF Title from Shawn Michaels and kickstarted the best run anybody has ever had within the enterprise. Vince McMahon actually hit a house run with this. Not solely do you might have your ordinary main gate and pay-per-view numbers for WrestleMania, however you then add Austin’s recognition to the entire thing, and also you sprinkle within the inclusion of “Iron” Mike Tyson to the storyline. Combine all of it collectively and you’ve got a significant cause why the WWF turned the tide within the Monday Evening rankings wars, ending WCW’s 83-week win streak solely two weeks later.
14. Edge Spears Jeff Hardy (WrestleMania 17): The TLC Match at WrestleMania 17 between Edge and Christian, The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz was an absolute practice wreck, however within the best attainable method. Plenty of wild moments and spots, however none extra memorable than this one. Jeff Hardy climbs a ladder and makes an attempt to retrieve the WWF Tag Workforce Titles, however he can’t preserve his stability, and now, he’s partially hanging from the equipment used to carry the belts as Bubba Ray Dudley grabs the ladder and tries to tug it away from Jeff. Bubba brings the ladder to the nook, swinging Jeff together with it. In the meantime, Edge has climbed nearly all the best way up an enormous ladder within the reverse nook. Jeff’s legs develop into untangled from his ladder, and momentum swings him again to the center of the ring, simply as Edge jumps from his ladder and creates absolute magic, hitting Jeff with a Spear in mid-air, 15 toes off the bottom, sending them each crashing to the mat under. It was an extremely harmful spot, however my goodness, did it look stunning. One other second that is still on all kinds of spotlight reels and video packages, two-plus a long time later.
13. Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit Embrace (WrestleMania 20): On the time, this was superior to witness. Now, it is likely one of the most bittersweet moments in wrestling historical past for me. Chris Benoit wins the World Heavyweight Title, and is overtly weeping within the ring as he celebrates. He soaks within the response on the center turnbuckle, then turns round to see his greatest pal, Eddie Guerrero, standing there. Guerrero, the reigning WWE Champion, claps for his pal they usually embrace, tears streaming down each of their faces. If that was the top of the story, it might nonetheless be probably the most memorable moments in WrestleMania historical past, simply as a testomony to arduous work, believing in your self, and preventing by the challenges which might be positioned into your life. Sadly, it wasn’t the top of the story. 20 months later, Eddie Guerrero handed away. 19 months after that, Chris Benoit was useless. Within the span of simply over three years, each males who shared this stunning second collectively have been not with us. It nonetheless doesn’t appear actual generally. I’m shaking my head as I kind this sentence out.
12. Shawn Michaels Kicks Out Of A Tombstone (WrestleMania 25): I need you to consider your years of wrestling fandom for a second. Take into consideration a match that you simply watched and have been completely, positively, unequivocally SURE that it was about to finish proper then and there. Wrestler A success Wrestler B with their finisher, and bah gawd, NOBODY kicks out of Wrestler A’s finisher. That’s what this second was for me. I keep in mind watching this on pay-per-view with my homie, C. We watched Michaels kick out of a Chokeslam and a Final Experience, the opposite two finishers that The Undertaker has utilized in his profession, however a Tombstone? At that cut-off date, the checklist of wrestlers who’ve kicked out of a Tombstone was 4… Kane, Batista, Edge, and Triple H. May we’ve anticipated Shawn Michaels to be added to that checklist? Sure, in all probability, however we didn’t. When Taker landed it, that was it. It needed to be. Michaels kicking out not solely blew the roof off of Reliant Stadium, however C and I each jumped up off the sofa yelling “holy shit” and staring on the tv in amazement. Once in a while, when professional wrestling is finished proper, even essentially the most grizzled of “sensible mark” veterans may be pulled in and get caught up in what is occurring in entrance of them, and it’s an important factor to see.
11. Brock Lesnar’s Capturing Star Press (WrestleMania 19): We practically watched a person die in the course of the ring on pay-per-view, earlier than an viewers of 54,097 in attendance and thousands and thousands watching at dwelling. Now, that may appear to be oversimplifying issues a bit, nevertheless it’s the reality. Brock’s hesitation earlier than he jumped off the highest rope precipitated him to simply miss out on getting the total rotation in, and he slammed, neck-first, into the mat and into Kurt Angle’s facet. At greatest, you watched that and thought Brock’s profession ended, however at worst, sure, you thought you simply watched a person die. Somebody, someplace, was looking for Brock on that evening, as he solely ended up with a concussion. It was nonetheless scary to see him work the previous few moments of the match with glazed over eyes, clearly not having any concept of what was occurring. These women and men step into the ring to entertain us, realizing that they’re an inch away from tragedy at any level. I’ll endlessly respect them for that.
10. “Stone Chilly” Steve Austin Makes A Deal With The Satan (WrestleMania 17): In the event you have been to ask 100 wrestling followers to call the best feud in wrestling historical past, a big chunk of them are going to decide on Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon, and for good cause. Week in and week out, month after month, that they had folks tuning in to look at Monday Evening Uncooked and see what would occur between them. What sort of dastardly plan would Vince have this time round to do away with Austin? How would Austin discover a strategy to overcome the percentages and thwart this newest plan? Simply what number of Stone Chilly Stunners would Austin hand out? What number of beers would Austin drink? So, to see them working collectively to screw The Rock out of the WWF Title was as stunning because it will get. Nonetheless, I believe the entire angle loses factors as a result of it shouldn’t have taken place when it did. The group was STRONGLY pro-Austin in Austin’s dwelling state, and I’m undecided the response that the WWF was in search of right here was extra cheers for Austin. As a substitute of “this son of a bitch simply bought his soul to the satan” being the response, it was “our man is the champion once more” from an awesome majority of these in attendance. This wasn’t Hulk Hogan turning heel and becoming a member of the nWo, instantly being underneath assault by tons of of objects being thrown into the ring by indignant followers. It actually wasn’t Larry Zbyszko turning heel on Bruno Sammartino in 1980 and never solely receiving infinite dying threats from followers due to it, however truly having followers attempt to take his life on a number of events. It wasn’t even Triple H and Randy Orton turning heel to screw Daniel Bryan out of the WWE Title at SummerSlam 2013, which had folks able to RAGE on-line. This was essentially the most stunning heel flip in WWF/WWE historical past, nevertheless it wasn’t acquired as such when it occurred. Had WrestleMania 17 taken place someplace else, would which have modified issues? It’s attainable, after all, however we’ll by no means know.
9. Brock Lesnar Ends “The Streak” (WrestleMania 30): Typically, whenever you witness one thing stunning, you’re capable of react to it instantly. “What the fuck simply occurred?!?” Issues like that. Different instances, whenever you witness one thing stunning, you’re unable to react in any respect. When Brock Lesnar defeated The Undertaker at WrestleMania 30, it was the latter for wrestling followers. The proof of that’s within the crowd response. You keep in mind the pictures of individuals within the crowd, wide-eyed and mouths agape. Then, the “21-1” graphic flashed on the large display, and there was a LOUD gasp from the group, as if that was the second they lastly processed what had occurred. The Undertaker’s prolonged win streak at WrestleMania… a streak that the majority followers didn’t suppose was ever going to finish… had come to a conclusion. That is certainly one of wrestling’s “you’ll at all times keep in mind the place you have been when it occurred” moments.
8. “I’m Sorry, I Love You” (WrestleMania 24): Attempt to image this second with out these 5 phrases. Every thing else was precisely the identical, however when Shawn Michaels was lining up for Candy Chin Music on Ric Aptitude, he didn’t mouth something. He merely “tuned up the band” and delivered the transfer, choosing up the pin and the win. How a lot do you suppose that may change how historical past views this second? I believe it might make a ton of distinction. Think about watching Outdated Yeller, and in the course of the notorious dying scene, Travis takes the gun from his mom and shoots Outdated Yeller and not using a phrase? Certain, the scene would nonetheless be dramatic, nevertheless it was Travis saying “I do know, mama, however he was my canine. I’ll do it.” that basically added the feels to it. That’s what the road did for Michaels and Aptitude. “Travis” placing “Outdated Yeller” down was dramatic sufficient, however delivering the road beforehand introduced the tears out. Each Aptitude and Michaels have gone on document to say that the second wasn’t deliberate in any respect, so kudos to HBK for having the ability to provide you with that the best way he did.
7. The Hardy Boyz Return (WrestleMania 33): There was loads of buzz that weekend that Matt and Jeff Hardy could be returning to WWE. It had been six-and-a-half years since Matt had carried out for the corporate, and seven-and-a-half years since Jeff was there. Listening to/studying that they may present up turns into believing that they may/will present up, however truly seeing them present up is a unique factor. The plan was very nicely put collectively. The Hardy brothers had already competed twice that weekend, defeating Penta El Zero M and Rey Fenix on the WrestleCon Supershow on Friday evening, after which shedding to The Younger Bucks at Ring Of Honor’s Supercard Of Honor 11 on Saturday evening. That was sufficient to throw some doubt into the concept of them truly returning to WWE, at the very least for that weekend. The roar from the group in Tenting World Stadium in Orlando, Florida after they emerged because the shock entrants within the Ladder Match for the Uncooked Tag Workforce Titles was dumb loud. It was a kind of particular moments that solely work throughout WrestleMania weekend.
6. Seth Rollins Commits The Heist Of The Century (WrestleMania 31): Good. Genius. We’ve seen Cash In The Financial institution title pictures utilized in numerous other ways, to various levels of success. Seth Rollins sitting again and watching Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns beat the shit out of one another for practically quarter-hour, after which deciding to money in whereas the match was nonetheless occurring? It was so distinctive, at a time when folks have been questioning if there have been any new methods for somebody to money their pictures in. In kayfabe, you can debate whether or not or not it might’ve been “smarter” to simply wait till the match was over, however I actually liked it. Brock and Roman have been ready to face one another, however as soon as Rollins inserted himself into the match, each Lesnar and Reigns have been scrambling to try to concentrate on him, and it ended up costing them each dearly. Sprinting to the ring, cashing in, profitable the WWE Title, after which working away once more? That Seth Rollins is a intelligent, intelligent boy.
5. Bianca Belair Pins Sasha Banks (WrestleMania 37): The start of the match was very particular, nevertheless it was the top of the match that basically stands proud to me. Bianca had develop into such a preferred performer, standing out as an enormous star from the start, and wrestling followers have been really and truthfully ecstatic to see her win right here. She practically burst into tears as quickly because the bell rang. Her father was practically jumped by Safety as a result of his instant response to seeing his daughter win was to try to leap the guardrail. Montez Ford shocking his spouse by working to the ring and celebrating along with her. Then, there was the fan footage of Sasha sitting at ringside and never having the ability to assist however to smile like a proud sister who was watching Bianca obtain her dream. The entire package deal, wrapped up properly, is one thing I’ll always remember.
4. KofiMania Is Operating Wild (WrestleMania 35): Kofi signed a developmental cope with WWE in 2006, and spent the following 12-plus years making a reputation for himself as one of many prime performers on the roster. Earlier than profitable the WWE Title, he had 15 whole title reigns with WWE, discovering success each as a singles wrestler and as a tag man. For years and years, even with all that success, followers felt that Kofi may’ve/ought to’ve been used higher, and have been upset that he by no means actually had an opportunity to shine as a foremost occasion wrestler. His first shot at a World Title would are available in 2010, as a part of the WWE Title Elimination Chamber, however he was unsuccessful in his bid to win the title. He received the identical characteristic in 2012, competing within the WWE Title Elimination Chamber, however as soon as once more got here up quick. 2016 noticed him as an entrant within the Royal Rumble that featured the WWE Title on the road, however he didn’t win that, both. One other Elimination Chamber in 2019 noticed him fail to win the WWE Title for a fourth time. That was it. No random World Title pictures on tv. Not even a random match for a World Title at a home present in his hometown or one thing. To observe him get a groundswell of help from the WWE Universe for a foremost occasion run was great to see. Seeing WWE truly work with that and push him to the highest was even higher. When Kofi pinned Daniel Bryan to win the WWE Title at WrestleMania 35, there have been numerous tears shed all around the world, for a number of causes. Don’t be afraid to confess that you simply have been chargeable for a few of these tears. I’m not.
3. Sure-tleMania Is Operating Wild (WrestleMania 30): Hey, talking of emotional journeys that lastly culminated in success… right here you go. Wrestling has by no means seen a narrative like what we received out of Daniel Bryan in 2012, 2013, and 2014. For followers to get to date behind somebody, just for the corporate to be so adamant about not pushing that individual to the highest, is one thing we’ve seen earlier than. It was simply the extent of ardour on each side that made this distinctive. The WWE Universe absolutely and actively “hijacked” present after present, and second after second, as a result of they weren’t getting what they needed. WWE noticed the reactions they usually doubled down on attempting to keep away from giving the folks what they needed. In some unspecified time in the future, although, it merely can’t be ignored anymore, as a result of doing so is harming your different wrestlers… hiya, Rey Mysterio on the 2014 Royal Rumble. This was such a particular story, which changed into such a particular second on the game’s largest stage. The world celebrated proper together with the Superdome when Batista tapped out to the Sure Lock right here. It’s a rattling disgrace that a number of tragedies and accidents would quickly observe the title win, and at one level, we thought we’d by no means get to see the person wrestle once more. For that one evening, although, the whole lot was merely good.
2. The SkyDome Loses Their Minds (WrestleMania 18): I’ve been watching wrestling for an extended, very long time. I’ve seen nearly the whole lot you may consider. I don’t suppose I’ve ever seen something fairly like what we noticed when The Rock confronted “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 18. The Rock was probably the most common wrestlers on the planet on the time, and arguably THEE hottest. Hulk Hogan, as a member of the nWo, was probably the most evil heels to ever step foot inside a wrestling ring. Hogan had tried to homicide Rock on a number of events within the construct to this match. None of that mattered to the followers in Toronto on this evening. They welcomed Hogan again and handled him as a God, giving him among the loudest and most raucous reactions you’ll ever hear. It’s a preferred working gag that Canada is “Bizarro World” in the case of wrestling, as they’ll usually cheer and boo who they need, not who they’re “informed” to. We’ve seen Canadian wrestling followers cheer for heels earlier than, however by no means to this extent. You possibly can inform that each Hogan and Rock have been anticipating some wackiness with the group, however they have been each stunned nearly instantly. It wasn’t simply the reactions that made this stand out. No, it was how lengthy the reactions lasted. This crowd was molten scorching for all the match! It was nearly like a celebration environment within the crowd, who have been jubilantly reacting to the whole lot within the match… finishers, counters, relaxation holds, folks standing there, respiratory, finger pointing, eyebrows elevating… ev-er-y-thing. As I stated, I don’t suppose I’d ever seen something like that earlier than, and I haven’t seen something prefer it since. Even the rowdiest of crowds took breaks at factors throughout matches. Not this one. They helped turned what was a comparatively pedestrian match so far as workrate is anxious into an all-time basic that may be a must-see for anybody that calls themselves a wrestling fan.
1. “Stone Chilly” Steve Austin’s Bloody Face (WrestleMania 13): Full disclosure… Bret Hart vs Steve Austin at WrestleMania is my all-time favourite wrestling match. I already wrote concerning the match a bit on this column, however my most memorable second is solely Austin’s face as he’s locked within the Sharpshooter. He’s screaming in ache, and blood is pouring down his face, dripping into his mouth and pooling on the mat under. It’s a visible that I’ll by no means, ever neglect. That is the match that basically put him on the map, however this was the second that basically made that occur. Even in a loss, he couldn’t have appeared any extra like a badass, and that’s what helped to get wrestling followers behind him. 25 years later, these followers are nonetheless there, rooting and cheering for him as he reveals that he’s the world’s hardest S.O.B.
Your flip, ReaderLand. I need to find out about a few of your favourite moments in WrestleMania historical past. It in all probability wouldn’t be a good suggestion to checklist 38 moments, however please inform me what a few of your most memorable are, particularly in the event that they aren’t on my checklist. As at all times, hit me up within the feedback part under, or on Twitter (@HustleTheSavage), and let me know what’s in your thoughts.
Weekly Energy Rankings
- The Briscoes vs FTR: It was a really busy weekend, so I haven’t even come near having the ability to sit and watch all of it. I’ll say that this was among the finest tag staff matches that I’ve seen in a very long time. Simply a Match Of The Yr candidate for me.
- Becky Lynch vs Bianca Belair: No have to get too in-depth on matches I’ve already mentioned in Operating Diaries. This was only a nice “ugly” match that, on a number of events, crossed over from wanting like a wrestling match to wanting like a struggle.
- Carmelo Hayes vs Cameron Grimes vs Solo Sikoa vs Grayson Waller vs Santos Escobar: As at all times, when Cameron Grimes comes up in dialog, I’m legally and contractually obligated to say the truth that he practically broke my leg at an impartial wrestling present just a few years again. The spotfest that it was anticipated to be. You may argue on whether or not or not the “proper” man received, however he was actually the “really feel good” decide and can make an excellent champion.
- Cody Rhodes vs Seth Rollins: Eric Bischoff stated it greatest… Cody’s complete return was merely magic.
- Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns: It was by no means going to be a 30-minute technical basic, nevertheless it was the whole lot it wanted to be. Now we wait to see if Reigns seems twice per week any further, or if Uncooked finds a strategy to get a brand new World Title into the fold.
- Cody Rhodes’ Promo On Uncooked: It was very well-done and emotional. In a single shot, he was capable of get throughout precisely why he returned to WWE, and it made good sense. He didn’t must take pictures at AEW to do it, both. I do know lots of people have been anticipating some form of venom from him about his departure there, however he says that’s not one thing we’re going to get.
- “Stone Chilly” Steve Austin vs Kevin Owens: What an unimaginable nostalgia experience. Nothing extra to say.
- Dolph Ziggler vs Bron Breakker: Rattling close to everybody was stunned on the end result, however no one was stunned on the high quality of the match itself. Dolph continues his mini-renaissance in NXT, and Bron continues to indicate that he deserves to be the long run.
- Imperium vs The Creed Brothers vs MSK: The match was numerous enjoyable, however at this time’s information that Nash Carter has been launched within the wake of the allegations of abuse by his spouse type of put a damper on this being included right here. Some will likely be fast to level out that Kimber Lee has gone backwards and forwards lately in the case of bashing her husband, then supporting him, then bashing him once more. That’s not my enterprise to decipher proper now, nevertheless it does make WWE look actually dangerous. Once more. She made accusations towards him, however the firm nonetheless went forward and gave MSK the win right here to provide them the NXT Tag Workforce Titles. Now, she makes one other batch of accusations, making the results of this match ineffective 4 days later, and leaving Wes Lee and not using a tag staff associate. There are extra vital issues to surprise about, however for proper now, the query is what occurs with Lee. Does he get a brand new tag staff associate? Will MSK get stripped of the titles? Does this make Lee a little bit of a “lame duck” with a launch in his future, too?
- Jon Moxley vs Jay Deadly: It was fairly shocking to see Deadly getting a very good chunk of face response right here. He’s over with crowds and all, however he’s not on Jon Moxley’s degree. One other good efficiency by Deadly, nevertheless it continues his streak of shedding each match he has on Dynamite or Rampage, whereas profitable the whole lot he’s in on the YouTube reveals. That’s bizarre.
- Johnny Knoxville vs Sami Zayn: I missed it in the course of the reside viewing as a result of I had Daddy Duties I wanted to take care of, however after I received to look at it, I liked it. It actually wasn’t for everybody, nevertheless it was good for individuals who not solely love the Jackass franchise, but in addition love silliness of their professional wrestling. Not the whole lot must be SUPER CEREAL on a regular basis. You gotta love Sami Zayn. He and Kevin Owens each secured the bag and are capable of do newsworthy issues at WrestleMania.
- RK-Bro vs The Road Income vs Alpha Academy: The enjoyable, rapid-paced match all of us anticipated it to be. Can’t ask for greater than that.
- AJ Types vs Edge: Look, I like Edge, and I’m glad he’s again. I’m nonetheless very confused over the random heel flip and full change in character out of nowhere, however I do know that doesn’t take away from his expertise as an in-ring performer. With that stated, does he have it in his contract that each match he wrestles in must be a 30-minute epic at naked minimal? Tone it down a bit, guys.
- Bron Breakker vs Gunther: This was one of many weirdest episodes of NXT I can keep in mind in the case of storylines and “why did they try this” questioning. Bron Breakker vs Gunther may’ve been a SummerSlam or WrestleMania weekend foremost occasion for NXT. As a substitute, it was put collectively with none promotion after which Gunther took a clear loss, which isn’t precisely one thing he has carried out lots over the previous few years. Even when Gunther is getting the principle roster name, you can simply… … not make this match. It was good and all, however you didn’t must make Gunther lose on his method out the door like this. Additionally, don’t even get me began on Joe Gacy apparently being Bron’s subsequent challenger.
- High Flight vs The Younger Bucks: High Flight has a lot potential collectively, they usually positive do get to indicate that potential off after they face the Bucks. A lot enjoyable right here.
- Samoa Joe: He made a shock look at RoH’s Supercard Of Honor present, and it was introduced that he has signed with AEW to look on each AEW and RoH programming from right here on in. Hopefully, he finds some higher luck in the case of his well being and is ready to keep energetic.
- Bron Breakker: Two-time NXT Champion. A clear victory over Gunther. Not a lot to complain about there.
- Pat McAfee vs Austin Idea: In the event you’ve ever heard an interview with Pat McAfee from his days within the NFL, you’d’ve stated he was born to be a professional wrestler. I’d say that has turned out to be correct. He’s so significantly better within the ring than he ought to be at this level, and naturally, that doesn’t even depend his off-the-charts charisma and mic expertise.
- “Stone Chilly” Steve Austin: Not solely did he get the nice match with Kevin Owens to (most-likely) ship him off into retirement on his personal phrases, however the nostalgia experience continued the following day with him popping out to wreck no matter plans Vince McMahon determined to place collectively.
- Wheeler Yuta vs Bryan Danielson: Yuta continues to look spectacular within the ring, and it’s clear they’re doing SOMETHING with him on this storyline. It simply stays to be seen precisely what that one thing is.
- Triple H & Tommaso Ciampa: It was being promoted and insinuated that this was Ciampa’s remaining match with NXT, so after all Triple H needed to return and present Ciampa some love. I really like the actual emotion that Ciampa shared, letting out tears when he noticed Journeys on the stage.
- Sasha Banks & Naomi: The WWE Ladies’s Tag Workforce Titles have had a little bit of a tough historical past up to now. Congratulations to the brand new champions, although. Now we see in the event that they develop into the following victims of the “curse” with these titles, or in the event that they’re capable of overcome the shitty reserving that’s inevitably about to return their method.
- Toni Storm: Congratulations to the 948th individual to signal an AEW contract! In all seriousness, she is somebody that SHOULD have the ability to see main success in a girls’s division that might actually use the additional star energy.
- Triple H: Not solely did he get to do the stuff with Ciampa, however he received to retire from in-ring competitors on his personal phrases, leaving his boots in the course of the ring and being congratulated by his household, buddies, and followers.
- Veer: After a harmful experimental surgical process, the person has lastly stopped coming. He appeared like a monster as he destroyed the Mysterios. We’ll see how his reserving is from right here on. As an added bonus, his Cervical Clutch submission appears REALLY good and REALLY painful.
- Logan Paul: One other movie star that WWE introduced in and educated correctly in order that they didn’t appear to be a doofus within the ring for the world to see. He appears like he may have a future within the enterprise if he desires to, and apparently he does, as he reportedly had it inserted into his contract that he’ll have a face run. That explains the post-match angle with The Miz turning on him, I assume. I’m undecided the WWE Universe is able to cheer for any member of the Paul household, however we’ll see.
- Keith Lee vs Powerhouse Hobbs: If there’s one factor that Keith Lee excels at, it’s having actually good matches towards fellow “hoss” wrestlers. Add Powerhouse Hobbs to a prolonged checklist of large males that Lee has had entertaining matches with.
- The Creed Brothers vs Imperium: Hey, I used to be proper about who was behind the assaults on The Creed Brothers! As I stated earlier than, I don’t actually get what the hell is occurring in NXT when involves Imperium. The rumor is that Gunther and Marcel Barthel may very well be heading to Smackdown quickly. Sure, Gunther and Marcel Barthel. Not Gunther, Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner. We noticed the start of that cut up on NXT, however… why? Imperium, as a complete, may’ve been nice for foremost roster with the identical system… Gunther as a significant singles man, with Aichner and Barthel boosting the tag scene, and the six-man matches being ready-made. I don’t get it.
- Poisonous Attraction: Talking of issues that I don’t get… Poisonous Attraction received the NXT Ladies’s Tag Workforce Titles, mere days after dropping them, which brings me to…
- Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez: What the hell was the purpose of placing them again collectively and giving them ANOTHER insanely quick run because the NXT Ladies’s Tag Workforce Champions? They’ve had two reigns as champions, with a mixed time as title holders of 4 days. Why? What?
This Week’s Playlist: “The Evening Does Not Belong To God” by Sleep Token… “The Providing” by Sleep Token… “Darkish Indicators” by Sleep Token… “Larger” by Sleep Token… “Sugar” by Sleep Token… “Say That You Will” by Sleep Token… “Blood Sport” by Sleep Token… “Hypnosis” by Sleep Token… “Mine” by Sleep Token… “The Love You Need” by Sleep Token… “Alkaline” by Sleep Token… “Descending” by Sleep Token… “Telomeres” by Sleep Token… “Depart You Alone” by Ella Mai… “Searching Season” by Ice 9 Kills… “Black Cow” by Steely Dan… “Pure Born Killaz” by Dr. Dre & Ice Dice… “Teenage Dirtbag” by Wheatus… “99 Pink Balloons” by Goldfinger… “My Buddies Over You” by New Discovered Glory… “Lady All The Dangerous Guys Need” by Bowling For Soup… “Proper Now” by SR-71… “Gone Away” by The Offspring… “Need You Dangerous” by The Offspring… “Prelude 12/21” by AFI